Newsham Park Abandoned Asylum – New Date – COMING SOON
July 7, 2021
Newsham Park Hospital
Join iHaunt, on this ghost hunt at one of the Most Popular venues for ghost hunters, and follow in the footsteps of the Paranormal Lockdown UK as we spend the night at Newsham Park Abandoned Asylum and Orphanage – Liverpool.
Check out what happened on our site visit to Newsham Park Hospital
A grade II listed building, it now lies derelict but was previously a hospital before which it was the Liverpool Seamen’s Orphanage Institution. The building was built initially as a children’s orphanage by Britain’s Greatest shipping lines including the White Star Line (the Titanic), during the second world war the orphans, were evacuated to Wales, and the building became a Military hospital for the duration. In 1954 it became a General Hospital with an A & E and Psychiatric Units. In 1992 Margaret Thatcher closed ‘Rainhill’, the worlds largest Lunatic Asylum and the Royal Liverpool Seamen’s Orphanage was emptied of staff and patients and replaced with the patients and staff from Rainhill. Until its closure in 1997, the entire site housed the world’s most mentally and criminally insane patients (Ian Brady), complete with a padded room. Once inside you will get the chance to step back in time and explore the hospital, this will include the wards, mortuary and if you are brave enough lone vigils in the punishments cells. Screams and crying have been heard, in the wards and the cells were brutal punishments were carried out.
- Take part in activities such as glass divination, ouija boards and table tipping, seance's, spirit dice and much more
- Full use of our ghost hunting equipment such as EMF devices, EVP recorders and Spirit Boxes
- The chance to conduct a lone vigil for the very brave
- Hot and cold drinks and light refreshments available throughout the night included in the cost.
- A friendly and experienced team of Investigators.
- Qualified first aider present on a fully insured event.
- Access to all areas of the building made available to us.
You can bring your own ghost hunting equipment with you to use during your alone time.
It is essential that all guest bring a torch. During the lockdown, all the lights are turned off and some areas are pitch black.